Sunday, April 7, 2013

The year that was

It has been way too long.

One day, a long long time ago, it struck me that I needed to stop blogging. I hardly had time, and whenever I did and whatever else I did, I was simply feeling guilty that I wasn't blogging. And I stopped. Cold turkey. Of course, I could not come and say bye. I was not leaving.

In the past few months, I have thought frequently and deeply about how I could resume blogging without having to spend the many, many hours that I used to previously, trying to create a good enough post. I don't have an answer yet, but all I can say is that I miss blogging so. I miss you so.

Hi, how are you doing?

I am good. I am still an editor, I am still living in Bombay, and I am still in love with Taye Diggs. Little's changed, save my increasing waist size.

In September, Thom and I went to France and Belgium. It was the best gift that anyone could give me, and it was my father who did that. Paris is so cute. I don't know what I could add about the city that hasn't been stated before. Brussels offers comfort akin to warm milk and bread, and Bruges is a sight to behold; Bruges is so very pretty. Here are some pictures if you would like to see.

Notre Dame Cathedral.
I am trying not to say 'Cheese!'


To me, this is what makes Paris, Paris. Pop up. Random. Beautiful. Classic. Cheery, merry and bright.

Sainte-Chapelle. Beautiful, glorious Sainte-Chapelle.



This may be the reason I went to Paris. [You'll never know.]




Gardens at Versailles


Bruxelles

Dear Speculoos and Speculoos Butter:
Life is not worth as much in your absence!

The Beer Wall in Bruges. Made Thom happy.

Picture Perfect Bruges

Its worth going to Belgium just to eat the chocolates. 



Happy, happy, happy trip 

Next stop, Paris in spring. Who's taking me?

Now, the most important update is about Rocky and these three. You will be pleased to know that Judy's birthed from her loins yet again (the third time since my last update, I might add), and this time, out came this dashing young lad whom I have named Peter after my brother's old stuffed toy dog.

It's Rocky's son!!! Love has triumphed once again!

Until next time, here's hoping you're all doing great!

Blessed be.

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous trip!

    Good to see you back on the blog - I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. And your pictures are beautiful. I love Paris but I've never been to Belgium. It looks like I'm missing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Belgium is lovely. I would go there just to eat the waffles and the chocolate!

      Delete
  3. Love the pictures, it's great to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, dear! So good to see you. And I love the travel photos, especially the one of you and Thom in Paris. :) You might try blogging on a reduced schedule, which we would certainly enjoy more than not seeing you at all. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G! And you are absolutely right. That's exactly what I'm going to do. You are awesome, you know that?

      Delete
  5. I love the pic of you and Thom. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥