Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Feet


So yesterday, I posted on English Muse on "Shoe Essentials" as I see it. In honor of that, I wrote the post wearing this golden hued Kurt Geiger heels that I made my father buy me in the guise of wearing it at my wedding. The heels are 5 inches long and 2 millimeters wide and needless to say, have only been worn while I wrote the post; I wanted to feel in character while I wrote about a matter very close to my heart--shoes. 

And I discovered one thing. Heels may be the only thing that will rid me of my slouchy, sloppy, unfeminine, graceless posture. Automatically, I sucked all that I was supposed to, in, and thrust all that I was supposed to, out. I squared my shoulders and looked straight at the top of the fridge. I felt spectacular and powerful and spectacularly powerful. 

I have a sinking feeling that my abovementioned problems in carrying myself have a little more than little to do with the fact that  I am either barefoot or in flip-flops at all times. Even at work. Flip-flops make employment bearable.


Imagine going to work in heels! I shudder to think of my predicament. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you can walk in those. They look so chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I will let you know when I finally wear them, whenever that will be!:) Thank you for visiting and commenting.:)

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha. I feel you. My horror at the idea that they expected me to be in heels in singing class and a lot of other classes at school this year. I did get used to it soon though. But not in stiletto's... Hehe. I'm not THAT crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. You go girl. I am totally with you on this one!

      Delete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥