Sunday, June 3, 2012

Come undone

Can I please tell you something?

I really don't know what these women who have kids are talking about when they say that they don't have time for anything and that they feel like they've let themselves and others down by just that admission. I have a job and a husband. That's it. These are the things that occupy my time. And I feel like I am neck deep in mire. At all times. Not able to move. Not able to do the hundred things I want to. So with regard to supermoms and moms who think they are not supermoms, I salute them. I think they are rock stars; God-people, if you will. How do they manage it and feel like they are breathing too! Crazy, crazy, crazy!!!!

I admit that one might find the list of things I want to do, pretty inane. It involves around 3 hours a day of reading other blogs, 5 hours of working on my blog, 3 hours of reading books, 2 hours of watching television/movies, 2 hours of non-blog writing, 8 hours of sleeping, 3 hours of cooking, an hour of walking in the park, and 2 hours of staring deeply into Thom's eyes. Is that more than 24 hours? Well, you get the point. I feel that all these needs are legitimate and completely warranted and I feel really sad and unfulfilled that I am not able to do all of it, especially that I am not able to spend more time on this blog.


Here's a list of things I want to accomplish in my lifetime. This is in all seriousness, alright? You cannot laugh at me!

1. Write my own cookbook.
2. Travel abroad at least once a year.
3. Visit all 27 states of India.
4. Be a full-time blogger at some point.
5. Set foot on all 7 continents and in the 5 oceans.

Just saying. It has nothing to do with this post.

Did you know that the average person spends two weeks waiting for the traffic lights to change?

Just saying. It has nothing to do with this post.


In the meantime, please bear with me as I try to get my grip on life as they call it. And here's to mothers and here's to fathers and here's to an appeal for days with more than 24 hours in it. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm totally with you on the not-enough-hours-in-the-day-club.
    I think that we all have very busy schedules and that prioritizing is the main thing here. That said I can barely even think about fitting a boyfriend/partner into my busy hours so you might say I have the same thing about you? Just a thought.
    Oh and thanks for the lovely guest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Youre absolutely right!!! YOu got me on that one.:) And thank you for letting me guest post. :) It was wonderful. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥