Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bless

In her quintessentially sweet and non-assuming way, Tani wrote this on her blog. It was a vital piece of education that her mother had passed on to her, and she, unwittingly, to me. "And that if you absolutely must say something negative about someone then make sure to say, 'bless her heart' afterwards." Isn't it strange and wonderful how certain things that people say stay with you... they stay with you and become an organic part of you and pretty soon, you begin to teach other people the same lesson. 


A simple act of blessing someone is such a powerful thing, and something we often do. But this piece of advice is so much more than that. In a way, it is like salve on a wound—blessing someone who has spited you, blessing someone who you just spoke badly about.


I told 3 people yesterday what Tani's mother told her. I don't know whether it made a difference to anybody, but I'm not gonna stop telling people this. The thing about advice is that while its always free, sometimes it is invaluable.  


Pinned Image

2 comments:

  1. I love this way of thinking - if only more people followed it! Thanks for sharing; if it makes a difference to just one person then it's been worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥