Monday, April 30, 2012

Ten dreamy professions

I. Baby clothes designer
  1. How hard can it be?
  2. How fun it would be! 
  3. One size fits pretty much all, so it's easier.
  4. I wouldn't have to steal half the clothes for myself, which I would, if I was a designer of women's clothing. 
  5. The two things that people are willing to spend irrational amounts of money on are weddings and babies. Next step, the cover of Forbes magazine... smiling next to Oprah and the Queen.

II. Potter
  1. Playing with clay is the most luscious, delicious thing that you can do with your hands.
  2. Utilitarian Art!
Elephant Ceramics
III. Baker
  1. Think of what your breakfast could be.
  2. It is a noble profession—feeding the world.
  3. You would never go hungry.
  4. You could meet Nigella Lawson and Heston Blumenthal. The mind boggles at the thought of that, does it not?
via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
IV.Newborn Photographer
  1. How fun it would be!
  2. Parents think that their children look cute no matter what you do to them = Happy clients.
  3. Photography is anyways the best profession in the world. Any kind of photography is a blast.
Pinned Image

 V. Farmer
  1. This is not my genes talking (All my ancestors were plantation owners and farmers); Farming and gardening have to be the most cathartic activities!
  2. Imagine growing and selling vanilla. You could make a fortune!
  3. You would not die of asphyxiation from vehicle smoke, which is what I will die from if I keep living in Bombay. 
  4. Green is clean. Green is queen.Green is for all who don't wanna be mean. {I should not add pet to this list, should I?}
  5. You could clandestinely grow weed.
  6. You could clandestinely grow cinnamon and drink tea all day. You could do it publicly too, but clandestinely seems more fun.
  7. You could publicly grow organic flowers and sell them for exorbitant prices! Have you seen organic flowers? I may have come up with this idea.
Pinned Image
via
VI. Dog Breeder

I don't need not list out reasons for this one for all the sane people, but there could be cat lovers among you...
  1. Puppies all year long!!!
  2. You are contributing to the growth of the population of the best things in the world. You are helping spread world peace!
  3. You get to be in the company of dogs all day. Remember that you are known by the company you keep. At the end of your tenure as a dog breeder, you will well be the most affable, kind, faithful, intelligent person in the world.
Pinned Image
via
VII. Shoe Designer
  1. I have a plan for this one: Convert the designs of tops and blouses into shoes! Ain't I resplendent with brilliance?
  2. Shoes are the key to world peace. 6 billion women can't be wrong!
  3. I would not have to shop again, ever! Well, except for books. Father and boyfriend, are you listening?

VIII. Book Keeper

Sigh. Dream. Peace. Calm. Love. Joy. Light. Serene. Sigh. Meadow. Sigh. Love. 

Pinned Image
via
IX. Author for Lonely Planet guidebooks

This is a my real-dream job. Got it? I hope to work there someday. God knows how many times I have applied there! 
  1. I get to do what I work for, for a living—travel. 'Nuff said.

X. Blogger
  1. Actually, being a blogger is pretty fantastic. You get to read and do awesome stuff all day long; all you need to do is write about it. It's a total win-win situation.
Pinned Image

12 comments:

  1. this just made my day!! i would love to be a baby photographer and a dog breeder would be just awesome. I could play with puppies and have so much fun! great article so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :) Sounds so perfect! Sigh! What you're studying is pretty awesome! I am sure you'll have a dreamy job yourself! Cross your fingers! :)

      Delete
  2. Awww what sweet ideas! I'll take job No. VII please. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeh! More shoes! That's always a good thing:)

      Delete
  3. I'll sign up for the book keeper job! Or I'd happily be the person (not on your list) who sits on set and watches BBC period dramas being filmed. Not doing anything in particular, just watching. They must need someone like that, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally must! You can be the person who ensures continuity or something.

      I'll join you I think!

      Delete
  4. Ummmm I am still trying to figure out what "profession" would allow you and I to "work" from home. And by "work" from home I mean, watch television, play on the internet, and taste test foods for food bloggers. Specifically chocolate cake.

    What profession is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have nailed the crux of the situation and that is exactly what is eluding me! What profession is that?

      We could be dog breeders and hire cheap labour to do all the work. I do not know!

      Delete
    2. Professional Food blog Tester?? Actually that is a good idea!

      Delete
  5. I think I have been one of these, one way or another...Now, you just gave me the idea to make a career out of it, the question is, which one? Hmmm...let me think ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥