Thursday, April 12, 2012

Namesake

I know that I am the last one on this bandwagon, but I just started reading Elizabeth Tina Fey’s Bossypants and it blows my mind right out of the window, I tell you. Blows my mind. Now Tina and I, we have this soul connection, I think. For starters, we both have the same name. (Different in a few insignificant ways, but come on! My name is Elizabeth Teena George. That’s close enough.). As if this was not enough, I totally get her! I don't usually get anyone. In this world of nuclear bombs and dog killers and child sellers, who is really supposed to get anyone! Really! But Tina Fay, man! I totally get her! I bet she would get me too.

I know that I posted this a few weeks ago, but how can you resist this?

Pinned Image

You know what else she said? “If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?” How profound, not to mention, true! Kimberly Noel Kardashian, are you listening? Nobody cares about your beauty!

5 comments:

  1. What a great post to begin my exploration of your fabulous space.

    Happy day and 'Yay!" for you and ETF being like sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! for that and Yay! for you visiting!:) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh Tina. She is a Wonderful Woman. Yes, I just randomly capitalized that. No idea why. I love that 'made by Russian scientists' quip, made me chuckle.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made the posters? They are AWESOME! Seriously. The caps are awesome coz EVERYONE uses small letters for quoting his poetry. So I really liked it!

      Delete
    2. Posters. I'm confused right now. I ment that I used capital letters on wonderful and woman...
      I'm glad you do.
      Also: my website doesn't show up on my blogger profile because my blog is selfhosted through wordpress.org. It is rather annoying because a lot of blogger blogs can only let you comment with your google account...

      Delete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥