Thursday, February 16, 2012

Puppy Love

5 reasons why I deserve a dog

1. I miss my baby girl Nikki, and while she was as perfect as perfect can be {No one can ever be as perfect and no one can ever take her place.}, I think that she would want me to move on and get someone else to carry on her legacy.

Nicola Kiddog

2. A dog will make me get off my bottom and make me take it for a walk. It might be the only way I will ever exercise. EVER. {And it is cheaper than buying a treadmill.} I think I need to explore this option before giving up on movement altogether. 

Pinned Image

3. A dog will roll around on the floor and clean it. All I'll need to do then, is shower thedog. That can't be all that difficult. {Note to self: Need to buy a dark haired dog with a lot of surface area and fur that doesn't shed.}

Pinned Image

4. I can name my dog whatever I want. Otherwise, I will have to adopt a dozen boys and four score girls to fulfill all my naming needs.

Dog name tags
via

5. A dog can eat all the leftover food, namely rice and veggies. I am tired of being the human recycle bin wherever I'm at. It's the reason I'm so unhealthy! {Always shift the blame of everything about you onto others and take all the credit!}

Pinned Image

5 reasons why getting a dog may not be such a hot idea right now

1. Any time I tell someone that I need a puppy, they tell me that what I need is a baby! {Now there's a buzz kill if there ever was one!} Why can't I get a dog and then have a baby? If anything, I'll get trained in motherhood in the process! Plus I'll have one more pair of helping hands with the baby.

Pinned Image
via

via

Pinned Image
via

2. I hate waking up in the mornings. Dogs don't really care about that kinda stuff.

Pinned Image

3. Tiny one bedroom apartment in an area with an overwhelming number of needlessly aggressive street dogs. Also I start a new job on Monday. 'Nuff said.

Pinned Image

4. I have a sneaking, suspicion that Thom will like the dog more than me. I'm pretty sure, actually. And he won't have to keep telling the dog that it's hairstyle does not make it look fat.

Pinned Image

5. Dogs are so, so, so, so, so cute! They are the cutest thing in the world! Wait. What was this list about, again?

Pinned ImagePinned Image

What's your verdict?

p.s. All images, unless otherwise specified, can be found on Christine Martinez's 'Phodography' board on Pinterest.

Christine's awesome. I love people who love dogs. And guess how many followers she has on Pinterest? 986809. And counting.  Yup. Not kidding.

And she and her darling, darling dog, Miles, have a blog called Miles to Style. Sigh! You have to check it out. Why? Because they have a 'leg up on fashion'! ;) Stylish, and cheeky to boot!  Go Miles!


Profile Picture of Christine Martinez
Miles and Christine. Aren't they darling!!!
And while you're at it, please do visit Caroline Ghetes Photography.

Here is one of her brides. 



She is awesome! I want to jump into a pool with my wedding clothes on too! Oh well. Some other time. 

Also, I wanna be a photographer! Have I said that before?!!!}

Read about her here. It makes for an interesting read. She makes it all sound so achievable!

And please do tell me what you think about my obsession with dogs and what I should do about it! My heart {uterus?} skips a beat any time I see a dog or see a picture of a dog or read about a dog or think about a dog or hear a dog bark. Do I need help?

18 comments:

  1. This is a cute post. And you should totally get a dog. Babies are probably overrated (I don't know, I don't have one) but dogs NEVER are.
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what... I completely agree with you. My mom thinks so too, though I probably should not be too pleased or flattered about that one!

      Delete
  2. In fact after reading your post I am almost convince *I* need a dog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... You do, Catherine! Somebody should be getting a dog!

      Delete
  3. I am with Catherine. Not only do YOU need a dog, but now I NEED a dog also. I have already named my NEEDED dog Pumpernickel. Or Rumplestiltzkin. Or Rufus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpernickel is the most adorable name. Rumplestiltzkin still scares the hell outta me. Rufus is awesome but there are too many Rufuses out there!

      Delete
    2. Let's all get dogs and start a community.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle.:) And thank you for visiting. Your giveaway is awesome.

      Delete
  5. You simply have to get a dog. They make everything better.
    And by the way, Coco (my little Pomeranian) sleeps in past me in the morning... I actually have to wake her up to take her for a walk...
    Please please pleas get a dog. And then post lots of pictures.

    PS love the new layout of your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a dog too? Oh man! Somebody shoot me!

      I am under torture here. I whine every time I see a dog anywhere.

      And about the layout... Thanks... Please tell me if anything is illegible / weird. :)

      Delete
  6. I say get the pooch. They are a lot of work in the beginning but so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute! but it is a lot of hard work looking after the dog! Plus who will look after the dog when u go to work or when u have to go on trips? Not many people here like the idea of looking after a friend's dog when u are way plus the good kennel services are so so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HERMOSOS LOS PERROS....
    DIVINOS.
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥