Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Next up

Can I tell you guys something crazy?

I got a job!

It's at the first place that I actually applied and went for an interview to {the interview was yesterday}, and therefore, I am glad that it worked out, 'coz these kinda things make me really nervous. So anyways, the interview process was really long drawn out - there were three technical tests, one personality test, and three interviews, including one with the Vice President of the company. And I got in. And the best part about the whole thing is the job itself. Guess what I'm gonna be? I'm gonna be an Academic Editor! Im gonna be correcting people's English. For a living! This really cracks me up because I already bug everyone in my life a little too much about the grammatical errors that they make. But then again, maybe the job will take away all the excess Grammar Nazi energy that is there in me and I will end up being more of a pleasure to be around than I already am! Time will tell, my lovelies. Time alone will tell.

I still haven't accepted the job. I have until tomorrow to tell them for sure. And if I do join, which I plan to, I start on the 20th of February.

Woo hoo!

Pray for me!

Pinned Image
via

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!
    I love Grammer Nazis.
    I, too, am one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know that.:) You are a nice grammer Nazi. I am not sure that I am one. I am mean sometimes. ;)

      And thanks, Jules.

      Delete
  2. That is GREAT news!! On all counts!

    What a cool job!

    (I sort of do the same thing all day but D is the only one who hears my tirades against the abominations I read all day on blogs.)

    Wishing you the best, dear.

    love,

    – g

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely get what you do, G! :) I feel the same, except that my tirades are usually against books and newspapers. The most popular newspaper in India is the worst!

      Anyways. Thanks a ton. Your wishes mean a lot!

      Love and hugs.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! That sounds like such an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a billion, Kathryn! I hope to God that you are right!

      Delete
  4. CONGRATS! I am so excited for you. Also concerned. I hope this whole job business does not interfere too badly with eating cake and watching television. Those are important "food for the soul" type activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you read my mind! I am seriously concerned about the very same things. I will wither and die if I had to stop watching House while eating cake off the pan in my jammies. I so love my life! Sob!

      Delete
  5. wow! way to go Lizzie!!! hope u took it up!!!! its gonna be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, lovely!!! That's absolutely fantastic news...you must be so proud! Yay!
    Balloons and cake to celebrate? I kind of think that it's a must... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely! :) I ate four huge cupcakes yesterday in one shot. Kinda makes up for the balloons! :D

      Hugs.

      Delete
  7. LOL!!! you got a job? i mean you accepted an offer??? well then I better find a job for myself soon ;) World at its end....hehehe :D
    just kidding dhiiiii :) :P all the best for your venture.... I know you'll do great :)Proud :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happened to your job? Jobs are so tricky! Don't worry about it!

      Delete
    2. long story short! 'technical troubles' ;)
      im back in my job hunting mode ;)
      fingers crossed!

      Delete
    3. i wish i could start a company and make you work for me and i could pay you lots of money and you could buy chachu kfc all the time.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations!

    Correcting English for a living is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! It sounds like a job that you will truly enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must have missed this post before! Congratulations!! I will now make sure I proof my blog posts twice as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha. Even I need to start proofing my blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥