Friday, February 24, 2012

Life as I know it

via
So, today was Day 3 at my new job, and it is interesting, to say the least. I was late to report to work on the first day... what a cliche! If you ever wanna feel like time is rushing by too quickly and also not moving fast enough, try getting stuck in traffic on your first day at work. It is a psychedelic sensation!

Like I said in a previous post, I joined as an Academic Editor in this Communications company that edits all kinds of written material, especially academic writing that is primarily intended for journals. I am being trained for 3 weeks, and so far, it has been good. English is such a beautiful language, and the rules and conventions that it follows are infinitesimal. I cannot even tell you how many times I was gob-smacked by something that I had heard for the very  first time. For instance, did you know that the American spelling of the British 'aesthetic' is 'esthetic'. (I guess a lot of you probably know that. Well, I didn't!) There are so many things! I'll teach you too, alright?

by Rodney Smith: by Rodney Smith
via

I'm still trying to find my bearing with respect to all this, though. I take the bus to and from work, and this takes an hour each way, which makes me one of the luckiest people in Bombay, because the commute time is relatively much smaller than the average and the journey is pretty easy - I get to sit for most of my journey. I come home at a decent  hour right now, but I am still dog tired, and it makes me wonder how billions of women juggle careers, husbands, kids, parents, in-laws, friends, hobbies and homes at the same time. I can barely manage 3! If you are someone like this, I hail you! And you must tell me your secrets.

Pinned Image
via

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I am concerned about what will happen to this blog. I cannot even tell you how much I love this space and how grateful I am for all that my journey as a blogger has given me. On an average, I have spent 8 hours a day, pretty much every day, reading other blogs (primarily) and writing in my own. I know that this is not sustainable, but I hope that I will not end up feeling like I have no time for this blog. That would be just so very sad! But on the positive side, this job will ensure that the writing here is grammatically sound. That can't  be a bad thing! :D

So I'm gonna sign off now and go to bed.

Pinned Image
via

Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. aww... sweet post! enjoy ur job! And how we juggle it all??? We have no clue as well... But its something like this - our kids are more independent cos we are not around all the time... we get extra help either from husbands or hired maids... we just prioritize and do waht we can before we fall asleep... and the rest of the work? we just leave them undone... :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥