Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Chains of Habit

"The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."

-----------------------------------------

via
-----------------------------------------

"Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times." 
- Mark Twain

-----------------------------------------

via
The sniff strip reads: "This is how you smell when you smoke. 4,000 toxic chemicals leave a stench no perfume can mask... just ask the people around you. Please stop smoking, You'll smell better instantly. Call 1-800-438-2000."

-----------------------------------------

"Cigarette: A fire at one end, a fool at the other, and a bit of tobacco in between."

-----------------------------------------

Anti smoking campaign from America’s next top model 9
via
This is a part of America's Next Top Model's Anti Smoking Campaign Shoot. It depicts Tracheotomy.

Anti smoking campaign from America’s next top model 5

This one  depicts mouth cancer.

-----------------------------------------

"My smoking might be bothering you, but it’s killing me."

-----------------------------------------

via
-----------------------------------------

"It is clear that medical costs will increase if non-smoking spreads. It's better that people smoke a lot and die early." - A doctor at Ida Hospital in Kawasaki City, Japan (He later apologized.)

-----------------------------------------

Pinned Image
via
This is an Anti Smoking billboard from 1915. 

-----------------------------------------

"The best way to stop smoking is to carry wet matches."

-----------------------------------------

Pinned Image
via
-----------------------------------------

"Cigarettes never hurt anyone, the trouble starts when you light them." 

-----------------------------------------

Pinned Image
via
-----------------------------------------

"If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."
- Douglas Adams

-----------------------------------------

Pinned Image
via
-----------------------------------------

"You know what? My father died at the age of 53, about 10 years ago, to smoking. And my grandfather died at 49. I've never smoked a cigarette in my entire life. So I find it really hard, and it's a bitter pill for me to swallow, to sit and watch these guys smoke their lives away earlier than anticipated. I can't understand how you can taste food, reflect it, smoke, go back and taste it. There has to be an inaccuracy beyond belief.

I'm not their dad. I'm not there to mother them. But more importantly, I wish to hell they could understand the damage in terms their palate. A refined palate is a trained palate. Smoking at the same time - it's hard. Smoking is the one thing that I find it hard to tolerate. And it frustrates me.

Secondly, you know, when you train a palate, it's like being an athlete. Every part of your body is toned. When you bring dishes and an ingredient together and it's missing something, it's complicated. It's your palate that gets you there in the end. So if I could ban smoking for every chef in the world as a mission, I'd start tonight."
- Chef Gordon Ramsay

-----------------------------------------


I remember this ad from ages ago so clearly because it is so interestingly presented. Watch. And learn. :)

-----------------------------------------

"I really hate cigarettes. Whenever I see one, I set it on fire."

-----------------------------------------


Laugh at me if you will 'coz I'm posting this ad that I made yet again, but I will continue to do so until I get a better idea for an ad. And also when people ask me about myself. And also when I want to post the ad just because. You get the drift, yo?
 ;)

-----------------------------------------
And remember. 

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

Accurately stated, Mr. Quayle. And we wouldn't want that now, would we?

So stop smoking today!

:)

The End.

-----------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. can you add morw pictirs on what happens after years of smoking?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥