Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sweet dreams are made of cheese

Isn't David Lebovitz awesome?

:)

Just sayin'! 

p.s. This may have played a small part in the epiphany. 

via
via
And yes. This is cheese. Coulommiers cheese, to be precise. 

Sometimes, I shut one eye and half-squint the other and imagine that this is a buttery, crumbly tart with unctuous lemon curd oozing out of every crevice. Othertimes, I imagine that it is Artisan bread slathered abundantly with pliant butter. And sometimes I remain true to reality and think of how it would be to touch, feel, smell, see and taste this divine looking cheese. 

And this is what David Lebovitz has to say about this matter: "The slightly pungent flavor is enveloped by silky dairy overtones, as if the cows were fed only heavy cream during their blissful lives. And when it’s ripe and ready, the over-the-top creaminess will have you racing to the nearest boulangerie for a fresh baguette to smear it on." (Go here for the whole post.)

When Kurt Cobain sang,"Who needs touch when you've got words", these are exactly the kind of words he was talking about. 

Which brings me back to my point: Isn't David Lebovitz awesome? 

Just sayin'!

Sigh...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE CHEESE! :):):)
    I will follow you :)
    Do you want to follow me? :)
    http://thinkingincoffeebreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yum! I've never seen one of these before but it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥