Friday, August 12, 2011

T-t-t-tea-day!

You know what makes the best tea? Boil loads of water with heaps of cinnamon, pellets of cardamom, spoonfuls of cloves and a smattering of crushed peppercorns. Take off the heat and add oodles of green tea and splashes of apple juice and a touch of lemon juice and let it seep for about 5 minutes (8 minutes if you want the most of your green tea, provided you can stand the bitter). Sieve, pour into a pretty glass tea cup and drink away.

For an improved experience, sing along your own rendition of Yesterday by The Beatles, adapting the lyrics as, 'Just tea-day! All my troubles seem so far away! Just today. Thanks tea-day.'

Gorgeous! How I wish I could sing for you as you drink your tea.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That sounds delicious - I've never thought about making my own tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't? Just get a tea bag and keep adding stuff to it. Cinnamon tastes awesome with fruit teas. Fruit juices are also great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥