Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stoler!

So I gotta tell you this story!

Last week, we got this new maid who was supposed to work partly in my mother's house and partly in my grandfather's house, which is nearby. She was chubby and bespectacled and talked nineteen to the dozen. And since that turns out fit my exact stereotype of a nice person, I took to her immediately.

So the next day, I went to my grandfather's house to steal some of his books, and when I was leaving, he took out a pack of stick ice cream from the fridge for me to give to my brother, and guess what! Ms. Spectacled Talksalot had eaten the ice cream, washed the stick and had neatly returned the stick to its rightful place in the paper case in the fridge! It was the most amusing, hilarious and weird thing that I had encountered in a while. Psycho!

And this totally reminded me of my ex best friend and room mate from college who scarred me for life by consistently, diligently and dedicatedly stealing from me for one entire year while pretending to play detective with me about finding the ghost in the house who was stealing all my stuff! Like I said, I'm scarred for life. I may never trust again!

But when I finally confronted her about it after I found my Lonely Planet India with her, she explained it by saying that her other best friend had bought it for her from a 'second hand place', and then of course said 'How could you think I would ever do something like that to you! Sigh! Sob! Sigh! Sob!', to which I replied by apologizing for being so insensitive or something.

Anyways, it was a dreadful, painful, miserable time in my life, and to think that I survived!!! Someone should make a movie about me with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley playing the lead. I look just like her, I think.

But getting back to the present, do I simply attract kleptomaniacs or are there just too many of them in this world? Because I may have been kleptomaniacal about coasters in restaurants and I refuse to believe that karma has anything to do with it. 

5 comments:

  1. The benefit of having crazy people in your life is they leave you with SUCH great stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely so true! You're so smart Meg! You bring a whole new dimension into this blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha what a funny post!!! I LOVE hearing theses stories. And your storytelling style is hilarious and so entertaining! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww... poor thing... its just a few ice-creams.. let her have it! she probably didnt know if she should ask for it or not....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star - Thank you! :)

    Sarah - The problem is that it didn't stop with the icecream.;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥