Friday, August 19, 2011

Comfort and change

My baby - my brother - left for a city far, far away today with a warning that his mother does not need to call him every 10 minutes like she does with her daughter, but rather, once a week on Sundays. He's all grown up now and he'll never be a child again and I don't know how to deal with that, which is weird considering that I left home 10 years back and I was absolutely fine being independant. But I just cant imagine him doing the same at an age much older than I was when I left home. I didnt know that I too had an unsevered umbilical cord attached to him.

Now I'm getting married in two weeks and my year long break from reality in a resort like home in a holiday spot will be over. Deadlines and rush hours and crazy, map city life will once again define me. I wish I could be excited about it but I just can't bring myself to feel that just yet. I know that there is no U turn ahead of me for a while at least. I will have to keep going.

And my mother who had her two children by her side for almost 2 years now will be living alone in 2 week's time.

I guess that's how reality bites. :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, you are getting married, that's awesome. Yor Mum will miss you both terribly, be sure to call her everyday. I do that with my Mum and she loves it.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥