Monday, July 25, 2011

Run Lola Run

I got these awesome running shoes from Hush Puppies yesterday.


We are a Hush Puppies family. Nike, Adidas and Christian Louboutin are all no good for us. That's the only reason why I don't own Louboutins, actually.

You can't see it here, but the grey is really silver and it sparkles. Like fairy dust. And the insides are really ugly but it looks like grass and I am sure it's some form of Neuro Linguistic Programming or hypnosis or suggestion technique that is intended to make the wearer feel like he is waltzing through grass, 'coz why else would fairy dust shoes be so ugly inside! 

So since I have made a high risk investment in these shoes, obviously, my new aim in life is to run the 42 km marathon in Mumbai in January.  

Now we need a strategy. Do you think I should start training by walking first? 'Coz I seem to have lost touch with the whole world of motion with all the lying down I've been doing!

So, in tribute to my commitment to this cause, today I went to the largest mall in Qatar today, and instead of walking from one shop to the next, I ran! Actually, towards the end, I had so many shopping bags that it was more the weight training than the running that I benefited from. But I already feel a little like Super Girl. Now it's just a matter of time.

Tomorrow I am going to the supermarket - long aisles with food on either side! It's the definition of heaven for the marathon runner version of me. 

8 comments:

  1. I love the shoesand a very inspiring post. I have a vision of you sprinting from isle to isle in the supermarket. Be sure to keep us posted on that marathon in Mumbai.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And you bet I will. :) Thank you for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting my blog Lizzie! Your site is soo cute. And I love that you ran through the mall in Qatar - lucky you to have such a long vacation there!!! I hope you found lots of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! It was in Villagio, btw. My dad lives here so I come here for long periods of doing nothing once in a while.:) Your blog is awesome btw! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to visiting your blog more in the future. Have a lovely week ahead.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could run, but my sister looks ridiculous when she tries. And since we laugh just alike and our destist says the inside of our mouths are identical, odds are that I would look silly too. However, I would totally stroll in those cute shoes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those shoes look like the ultimate in comfortable footwear! i would love to sink my feet into one of those... btw.. happy running thru malls and super-markets! And its so great that u r training for a marathon... i think i should also aim for something like tht.... the problem with my weight loss routine is that i have no goals... and hence i dont lose any weight...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie - Wow! I love your deductive reasoning! It's brilliant and I am absolutely convinced of it's veracity. :)

    Sarah - The trick is to aim for something really high. So you feel good in the process while you plan to do it, and if you don't end up doing (which you surely won't), you won't feel so bad coz the goal was way too high anyway. I am telling you. Delusions are so good for you ego!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥