Saturday, July 2, 2011

I mean business!

I'm back! 

And guess what! 

Blogger is in Arabic right now and I have no idea how to set it back in English!

It took me ten minutes to figure out that  because Arabic is written from right to left, all the links are on the opposite side of what it typically is! I tell you, my brain is not wired for this kind of detective work and deductive reasoning.

I am sure all of you are dying to see pictures of the desert and the barren land and the shrubs and the sandstorms and the barren land. No?

Maybe I can interest you with tales of my forthcoming jaunts to the malls of Qatar. No again?

Well, at least let me give you a piece of advice: Business Class flying is the way to go. I already feel spoilt by the freshly squeezed orange juice and the plush seats and the drool worthy in flight entertainment. And if you're planning to go somewhere and if your ticket is funded by anyone other than you, refuse to travel in Economy Class. It is worth any tantrum and any price.

And I also want to tell you that today I saw a Richard Hennessy Brandy bottle that costs approximately 20,000 Qatari Riyals or 2,40,000 Indian Ruppees or $5500 or one trip around the world or my arm, leg and kidney combined.

Then my father bought 6 bottles of rum and 4 bottles of wine to keep him company on long winter nights and afterwards we went to church and prayed for a good 15 minutes. And by good, I mean very very good.

My father goes to church everyday. That is why I want to be like him when I grow up.

That, and because his job lets him travel Business Class whenever he wants to at the very very reasonable cost of 100000000 hour work weeks, week after week, month after month, year after year.

Except the weeks when he is traveling Business Class that is.

Talk about a fare deal huh?

2 comments:

  1. I got to fly business class once. It was heaven! Also Qatar sounds just as "stunning" as Tucson. Shrubby desert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I can imagine it to be exactly the same! :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥