Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Squint, the adrenaline junkie

When I saw 'Toys' as the photography prompt on Kristi's awesome blog 'life through the lens', I screamed in joy. Because I actually have a toy that I want to give its fair due and feature here but haven't been able to in a long time.

Now you all know me. I am a very mature and serious person and hence, not the kind who would typically own or play with toys. But Squint is an exception. And I know that Shakespeare said 'Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows', but Squint looked so forlorn as he sat on my bookshelf when he first came over that I had to take him in. That's the only reason he sleeps in my arms every night. 

Oh who am I kidding! I love toys! I am a 26 year old 6 year old. And I might end up as a 62 year old 6 year old. And I am proud of it. I am proud of the 16 Barbies that I had as a child and still do. I am proud of the 2 storeyed doll house that they still live in. I am proud of Snickers - the pug, Lucy - the chimpanzee with super long arms that go around my neck, Sunshine - the Tweety bird, Walter - the seal, Black Bark - the terrier,  Cotton and Candy - the twin teddy bears and Chin, Chan, Cho, Chow and Chum - the 5 mascots of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I am proud of the play - doh in my vanity case and the Lego set in my chest of drawers. And I am super duper proud of Squint - my kind and unfailing albeit slightly misshapen looking teddy bear. 

Here he is, hanging from his monkey bar, a.k.a the balcony railing, feeling the wind in his body hair, the adrenaline pumping through his cotton strand innards. 


Nice work, Squint. And hang in there! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥