Friday, April 22, 2011

A groundbreaking revelation

My mother made lemon cheesecake today and because she used unsalted butter and forgot to substitute for salt, she decided to make up for it by sprinkling table salt on top of the ready cheesecake. To add insult to the poor cheesecake's injury, she topped it off with some lime juice for a reason yet unbeknownst to the world.

My first bite of the revamped cheesecake (a.k.a. the pretty thing that tastes like a badly made tequila shot) was seminal in my life because in one moment, all my musings about being an adopted child  rescued from a pigsty were quelled once and for all. I am definitely my mother's daughter. Strangeness is clearly an inherent thread in both of us, though the manifestations do differ. And maybe it takes one to know one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥