Saturday, April 2, 2011

A day in my life.

6:00 AM - My day always starts around this time when I wake up, stretch my arms, thank God for the universe and this bright sunshiny day and go right back to sleep because I have about 4 more hours to go.

8:00 AM - I wake up again, try to remember my dreams at dawn and then go back to sleep.

10:00 AM - I wake up feeling groggy, tired and unslept, wanting to sleep more but unable to, and get off the bed muttering curses at the universe and the phenomenon of unfulfilled sleep.

10:05 AM - I'm in front of the computer, where I will remain until a little earlier than daybreak the next day.

11:00 AM - Cornflakes time in front of the computer. That's my dining table.

1:00 PM - Lunch time in front of the computer. This is when I watch Dexter. I revel in watching bloody, sinister, abuse ridden crime shows while I eat. It may be a problem.

2:00 PM - I start feeling flashes of drowsiness, which I ignore in order to feed my compulsive need to mindlessly sit in front of the computer.

8:00 PM - I get up to stretch and also get my dinner with me back to my throne. I watch the rest of the Dexter episode.

9:00 PM - I start feeling flashes of drowsiness, which I ignore in order to feed my compulsive need to mindlessly sit in front of the computer.

12:00 AM - I'm still feeling flashes of drowsiness, which I ignore in order to feed my compulsive need to mindlessly sit in front of the computer.

1:00 AM: I know that I am way past the time I should be sleeping in order to wake up at the healthy hour of 6:00 AM, but I ignore this gnawing feeling with the condolence that there is always a new day.

 2:30 AM: I am wide awake by this time, but I go to bed anyways because I know I should be going to bed.

2:45 PM: I am lying in bed now, reading a book. (I need to read a book before sleeping until I can no longer keep my eyes open. Just like everything else I do, this too is a needless but compulsive habit that I allow myself to indulge in.)

3:30 PM: I am still reading the book, painfully aware that I am as energetic as a horse on epinephrine, and that I should be sleeping. I am wide awake and absolutely aware at these moments.

4:00 PM - I turn off the light because I know I need to sleep. I start saying 'Our father', pretty much in the same way that we are told to count sheep jumping over a fence in order to fall asleep.

4:30 PM - God has possibly gotten tired of my endless 'Our fathers' but I am still wide awake and clutching my pillow. I am wondering how one hour before dawn is the only time in the day when I am actually completely awake. I am sleepy the rest of the day at all times!

5:00 PM - I'm guessing that I have fallen asleep by this time. It is a fitful, nightmare ridden sleep until I wake up at 6:00 PM.

Raise your right hand if you think I'm redundant or counter productive or counter intuitive

Raise your left hand if you feel that I am going round in circles in some way.

Raise your feet together if you think that something is wrong with the wiring in my brain. (It's backwards, maybe? Or maybe melatonon gets released instead of serotonin and vice versa.)

Now look at yourself with both hands and feet raised and tell me who the crazy person is.

Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥