Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm getting a book deal too!

Or maybe I'm not. But there's something I've been thinking about. I've been reading diet tips since I was three and diet books since I was 4. In my lifetime, I would have easily read about 40 diet books and innumerable health magazines and believe it or don't, that makes me more qualified than most of these authors to write my own diet book. But I don't need to write a book. I only need to write a page. And this is what it would say.

  1. Wake up as early as you possibly can, if not with the sun.
  2. Eat within half an hour of waking up.
  3. Eat every 2 hours.
  4. Eat your last meal at least 2 hours before sleeping.
  5. Eat as slowly and chew as much as you possibly can.
  6. Enjoy every morsel of your food.  An attitude of thanksgiving for it and towards it can go a long way.
  7. Have a carbohydrate light dinner.
  8. The best way to eat fruits is as a meal.
  9. Go organic as much as you possibly can.
  10. Choose lean cuts of red meat if you must eat red meat.  
  11. Eat desserts and sweets as a meal and first thing in the morning if you must eat sweets.
  12. A cup of green tea with lemon is the best dessert.
  13. Drink a glass of water along with your meal or after it but do not drink too much water before and within half an hour of eating.
  14. Drink at least 2 liters of water every day.
  15. Consume as much fiber as possible in the form of whole vegetable, fruits and grains.
  16. Avoid refined and processed foods as much as you can.
  17. Use healthier fats like olive oil or coconut oil, rather than butter or cream.
  18. The white poisons are refined flour,  sugar and salt. Try using the most unrefined versions when you do.
  19. If you really crave for something, go for it, but choose the healthiest or most wholesome version – have real coffee over decaf and bitter chocolate instead of a Mars bar.
  20. Get at least 40 minutes of exercise at least 3 times a day.
  21. Do not exercise more than 6 times a week. Your body needs rest too.
  22. Get at least 8 hours of sleep every day.
  23. Smile more than you frown and be nice to those along the way. 
  24. At the end of the day, learn to love your body for what it is every step of the way. 
There. And I didn't even need a page! Does it need to be more complicated than this? Does it really? 

Please feel free to make additions to this list. I promise to include them if I do in fact write a book. ;)

And I leave you with this.
At the end of the day, this is just the way life works. Go to someecards if you want a laugh or a line!

All in all, just keep truckin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥