Saturday, February 26, 2011

With great power comes a lot of things

I hate power.

My father says that it's the easy way out for the lazy one because without power, there is no responsibility. But I don't see the point of responsibility or obligation as long as one does his duty. Performs his role, so to speak. You know... Follow the 'Do what you want for yourself as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or yourself and do unto others what you would want them to do unto you' credo. It's quite simple really.

But I hate power so much that sometimes I wish that we didn't have free will. Free will is too much work at times. You have to make decisions and then face the music. And it is when the music turns into screeches or loud banging or cries of a banshee that I wish I could surrender the free will into the hands of a puppeteer who could steer me into a choice free existence based only on the puppeteer's volition. Better yet, if the puppeteer is the Omniscient one.

But this is what the universe said in its e-mail to me the last day.

"The main thing those who've "passed" would like to tell those who've not "passed," is that once you get over the shock of having safely arrived - completely intact, cool as ever, and bathed in love - what you'll miss most about Earth, after ice cream, is the beguiling romance of uncertainty.

Oh yes you will.

You really do have it made,
    The Universe"


And when I recognized the shiver of pleasure and thrill that ran through my spine as I contemplated the excitement of uncertainty, I became confused again.

I wish someone would at least decide for me whether I hate power and wish to denounce it for a life of mundane stillness and languidness or whether I love the power of choice and the 'beguiling romance of uncertainty'.

I'm tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥