Thursday, February 3, 2011

Something Spectacular

I want to do something spectacular.

Something staggering and stupefying.

Something I will lie on my death bed and think about and tell myself, 'My life is validated by the one thing I did. It was altogether worthy because of that one experience.'

Something that will change life as I know it.

Like walk the whole western coast of India for charity.

Or climb the Everest for charity.

Or swim across the English Channel alone.

Or adopt an orphan baby while I'm still unmarried.

Or take a seminal photograph that will change the world as we know it, like McCurry's Afghan Girl or Ansel Adams' Snake River.

Something that will make me so proud of myself that no other failure - past, present, or future - will matter.

Something. 

And I want to do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥