Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Day Resolutions

When my grandma was alive, she used to tell me on New Years Eve to decide what I want my next year to be like and then to symbolically do everything I wanted to achieve the following year, on Jan 1st. Consequently, my New Years day was hardly a relaxing day of merriment and mirth, but one defined by a flurry of activity.

There would be painting, singing, playing the piano, playing ball, cooking, writing a diary, listening to music and many other things and absolutely no watching TV. And somewhere in me, a vestige of this belief remains and I really do try to have a perfect new year's day every time.

So this year, the things I want to do are
  1. Praying
  2. Going to church
  3. Meditating
  4. Reading
  5. Blogging
  6. Taking lots of pictures
  7. Eating a meal with my family
  8. Clean up my room (so that I consistently do it every day from today. In truth, I've been saving up for this day for a year. That's the only reason my room is a mess.)
  9. Cook something healthy and tasty
  10. Receive lots of money from everybody (Trust me, I will ensure this at least!)
  11. Listening to music
  12. Drinking loads of tea
  13. Sticking to my diet
  14. Going to the gym
  15. Going for a yoga session
  16. Being nice to one and all
  17. Being nice to Amma and Thom
  18. And most importantly, not getting angry or crying
Sounds about right.

Imagine if it were true that everything that happens today will repeat itself endlessly through the year.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I would probably be beatified to say the least.

Maybe not.

A Nobel Prize?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for being here. You must know that I love reading your comments more than I love the idea of baby bunnies eating frosted cupcakes sitting atop a cloud. They make me happy when skies are blue, yellow, pink or grey. ♥